Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Jam and Eggs



I
spent part of this afternoon with two former students Z and M and their
mom. The purpose of the visit was to pick up some eggs that I had
bought from the kids but I also wanted to see their bees and chickens
and see how the chicken coop looked. (Yes, I'm thinking of adding
chickens to mymenagerie.)

I love the different colors of
eggs. I also liked hearing the chickens go into the coop, make noise
and then we went in to get the eggs. How cool is that?!! The bees were
buzzing around their area. So pretty. The dogs wanted to show me their
toys. The cat was agitated as I was too close to HER chickens. Very
bucolic and restful. The kids gave me some jam when they
heard that I had lost mine in the freezer catastrophe. Strawberry and
Strawberry Rhubarb. Yum.

2 comments:

east village idiot said...

I bought a book on starting a chicken coop last year. It's my dream to have two or three chickens someday, somewhere! Let me know if you take the plunge.

jodi said...

I'm always amazed at the number of people who are interested in raising chickens. That is appeals to so many people. Yesterday I learned that different kinds of chickens are known for certain personalities. Some are better with children for example. Clearly I have a lot to research.