Thursday, January 19, 2006

What Happens When You DON"T Read the Label

My favorite druggist complains a lot about how people do not read their prescription labels (take 2 by mouth twice a day) or the labels on medication in general. As I am trying to stay well at least for another two weeks (hard to do when small children sneeze in your face) I am taking Airborne which is supposed to help you get better quickly or keep you from getting a cold in the first place.
The pills are the size of a quarter.
I opened the bottle the first time and gasped at the size of the pill. But hey, I'm strong and I can do this. I put it into my mouth and the pucker from the vitamin C was HUGE and the frothing from the pill was horrendous. I told a coworker about it and the next day she had taken a pill and didn't see anything wrong with it. Hmmmm. . . My mind started to work and when getting home I put on my reading glasses.

Dissolve tablet in water the directions say.

No comments: