Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Today's Mess

This morning when I woke up at 6 am the world was white with the exception of the roadways. That quickly changed and by the time I left for work the roads were slushy. As the county school system closes for most any reason one would think that school was closed at 6 am right?!! No, it didn't close at all. Traffic was terrible. There were wrecks but people were amazingly calm and well behaved. The road crews got out late as the weathermen assured us that this was going to be a snow shower/then rain. (I'm still waiting for the rain). The TV news people announced that the roads were clear - nothing sticking to them (what was that stuff then??).

After I got to work I called the high school and had them get S1 and have him call home so that I knew that he was safe. I didn't have him call my work. Why you ask?? We closed when I got in due to no heat in some of the rooms and construction mess in others.

By the time I got home I had a migraine aura which luckily did not stay around long.

This all pales though to the horror that one of my little lunch friends is going through. At age 5 he lost his mom last night to a car accident. She was so sweet. Left him little notes in his lunch box and their faces would just light up when they saw each other.

No comments: