Monday, October 01, 2007

Mom's Dancing Banana Bread

I made this bread with 13 3 year olds a few weeks ago when we were reading about The Little Red Hen. They mashed the bananas, added ingredients and mixed. The bread smelled heavenly and tasted very good also, judged by the way there was nothing left but crumbs.

The recipe is my mothers. The Dancing part of the title comes from one of my students. The student went home and told his mother about making banana bread at school and danced around the house most of the afternoon talking about the bread. It is that good.

For my guys at home I add chocolate chips and make the bread into muffins. You will have to judge the time if you decide to take that route.

Mom's Dancing Banana Bread

1/4 cup melted butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt

In a big sauce pan melt butter, stir in sugar, mashed bananas, unbeaten eggs, then flour, soda and salt. Mix together until blended. Put into bread pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 45-55 minutes at 325 degrees.

**no photo unfortunately as camera is on the fritz.

2 comments:

east village idiot said...

that recipe looks great. gotta go buy some bananas.

Jane said...

I have to try this! Banana bread with chocolate chips would probably make me dance too!