Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Book Reviews for March

I have been remiss on writing about the books that I have read. Many are not listed as they were not finished. Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo looks interesting but will have to be gotten at a later date. Too many books on the pile and it may need more time than I can give it right now.

T is for Trespass is listed but was skimmed over. I did not like the subject matter - elder abuse - so the beginning and the end were read and the middle skimmed.

My favorite book (adult) for the month of February was The War Against Miss Winter by Kathryn Miller Haines. Set in 1943 it is full of the slang of the day. Enough detail is given to be able to picture the setting. And the mystery is good. There is to be another Miss Winter book out in early summer. It will be on my must read pile.

The Happy Lion by Louise Fatio is very cute. The pictures in the book remind me of a Madeline book (that the setting is in France helps). Cute story. I had my class roar like the lion and scream when the people in the story were afraid. The children loved it.

Right now I'm reading the Fairy Tale Detectives. Charming. (yes, a pun for those of you who have read the books.) The library has Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews waiting for me. Looking forward to that one.

No comments: