Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Maybe it was reading too many

Mrs. Pollifax books when I was younger. Maybe it is a midlife crisis. And then maybe it's the fact that I was able to score an airline ticket for such a ridiculously low price that my family has all but pushed me out the door.

So, when my youngest leaves for a visit to Kansas later this month I will be leaving (on the same day) to Germany.

I speak little german.

Very little.

I will be going by myself.

I will be going to two areas that are known for violins and high mountains.

I will also be going to a major city that I swore - after last year's visit- that I would never go to again.

But I have made arrangements to stay in one town - near the river. The one that runs green from the ice in the mountains. I will have time to cross the bridge to see what exactly is on the other side of the city.

I will try to buy train tickets, find ATMS - most places that I will be staying at want cash.

And I will try to make it in one piece back to the plane 8 days later to come home.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Awesome! I have only been to Germany for about a day, but I would love to go back.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Have a wonderful holiday!!! How brave of you. How marvelous. Enjoy!

And ahemmmm, me'thinks you recently said that you "keep waiting for things to happen, to write about"... Mmmmm, well, now things will be happening, hu? ,-)

Will you keep a little journal and put the day in it, each evening?

Then look at all the snail-mail topics which you'll have, right at your finger tips! :-))))))))

Have a lovely time!

Aunt Amelia