Tuesday, September 08, 2009

In order to have a

calm class this year I had decided not to be silly.

I tend to be silly at school, well maybe not just school. My kids would include home. But anyway I make up silly songs, do silly dances, read silly stories, make silly jokes. Not constantly but interspersed through the morning.

Not this year though. I was turning over a new leaf. Thoughtfully serious would be my new mantra.

So today, the first day of school, I bit my tongue so not to say funny things. I was calm - friendly but serious.

After about an hour, T went up to my coteacher with a smile on his face and said "Mrs. ____ is so silly."

:-)

2 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Mmmmmmm, maybe T is trying to tell you something. :-) Perhaps a wee bit of silliness, is part of your charm? And you shouldn't do away with all, all, all silliness? Maybe? :-)

Thank you for commenting, how my Background edges look, to you. Even if they do look black, instead of brown.

I asked because I know that we NEVER know what our blogs look like, on other people's computers. And it's a sad fact. But also, wise to realize this.

Btw, I like your Autumn-y background color. Actually, I like it a lot more than your previous shade of light green. Which again, may have to do with how that previous shade of green looks, on MY computer... And how it looks on YOURS.

But! We look at our blog, while writing them. So our blogs should please US first. Imho, anyway.

Jane said...

It's in your spirit! Every year I say the same thing. This is the year I am going to be totally disciplined and have that quiet class. But, like you the kids just bring it out in me. Oh well.