Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Christmas joke -

started with husband who buys me underwear every Christmas.

I love it. Though he gets it from a well known store with a ladies name in the title there is nothing outlandish about the items that I get. Patterned sometimes, pretty always and things that I would not buy myself.

Every year, for many years now, there has been a present of them in my stocking. I carefully take them out, open them up and then yell "Look what I got." And the boys ALWAYS look. And their faces - a mixture of -- I can't believe that I saw my mother's underwear- to- I think I'm blinded for life. (Again I say - the underwear is nothing outlandish.) This year S1 looked again, S2 did not but laughed at his brother and husband and I just laughed -well because.

6 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh that is a cute tradition. Thanks for sharing.

Tradition... It's so important to our holidays, and to our families.

Debra said...

Funny! Thanks for sharing.... Blessings, Debra

Lisa said...

LOL Great.

Tins and Treasures said...

What a hoot...that is such a cute tradition. I'm guessing your boys will do the same for their wives when they get married!!

Anonymous said...

I love this anecdote! I'll bet your boys will think of this every Christmas of their lives and smile.

east village idiot said...

that is a great holiday ritual!