Tuesday, February 09, 2010

House Front

 


**The fabric creation is called a Mola from Central American, see explanation in comment section.

I've lost count of the snow days that I have had so far this winter. Today is another one as we are expecting 5-10 inches in the next 48 hours.

But inside the power is on (we are very lucky, I've heard of some people going on day 3 or 4 without). And I have been doing some sewing. Some for home use, some for school use (we are being moved again to a different room in the fall). The pillow on the chair was backed with dark green corduroy and stuffed. The face of the pillow came from somewhere over in the Cambodia/Vietnam general region. I buy interesting fabrics from a woman in Vermont who goes on annual shopping trips out of the country. The handbag is from the same area.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Hang on to your power!!! And good luck, all round, with this coming 2nd round of snow.

I'm composing an entry, about bloggers I know of, who are in for it again. -sigh-

And guess we'll get hit this time round, up North here. I can hear you *thinking*; "Well, it's only fair" -gigggles-

Anonymous said...

Jodi, I'm pretty sure that pillow face is a mola from Central America (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mola_(art_form)), not an Asian fabric. Both the pillow and the purse are beautiful, as is the photo. Enjoy your snow days!

Anonymous said...

Your photos allow me to see what my family down there are going through, and, what it now looks like north of the Mason/Dixon line.

Gorgeous ... because we have power, too.