Saturday, March 06, 2010

Goodbye Louise


When my uncle died a few years ago, his wife (my aunt) looked at me after the funeral and said "I will take you to the airport." My answer was no as there was a reception afterwards and she needed to be there. Nancy argued with me and said that she didn't have to be. She knew where my uncle was and that he was not at the reception. I insisted and got a ride with my parents. But I laughed about it also and told her that it would be our "Thelma and Louise" moment.

My aunt died yesterday of breast cancer that had travelled to the bone. I didn't know that someone could live so long in stage 4. But she did.

Goodbye Louise. You will be missed.

3 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Oh, Jodi,
I am sorry to hear this news. You are in our thoughts ad prayers. ~Natalie

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Sorry for all the stress. "Never rains but it pours," as they say.

Gentle hugs...

Debra said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll be praying that God will comfort you at this difficult time. I'm glad you have such sweet memories of her. Blessings, Debra