Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Thoughts - being back from England for less than 24 hours

I feel sorry for the people trying to get flights out of Europe now. With the ash from the volcano in Iceland now covering so much area many airports over there are closed and may be for days. Living in Heathrow (for days) with just the clothes on ones back is not a pleasant thought no matter how nice the British people are.

Whenever I'm in Europe and the sun is shining I'm amazed at how blue the sky is.

My kitchen and dining room are a mess. Must get everything from the trip put away by tomorrow night so as to enjoy the weekend.

European news is so civilized. No ones screams or is loud - even on morning news. Americans are loud.

What, no photos yet? Please!!! We landed about 10:30 last night. Was in bed by midnight. Spent most of the night listening to Heinz purr and chirp as he was next to me on the bed. I did laundry this morning. Went to work. Got groceries and then took a 3 hour nap. I will get them up though and write about our vacation as I process what I've seen and done.

It is good to take a vacation and even better to come home.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Welcome back. My brother is stuck in Italy due to the airport situation. Can't wait to hear about your trip.
evi