Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 1

Dear S2,

I think that tonight will be a better night for sleeping than last night was. I knew that you were safe but I wanted to know where you were. The airline schedule was of no help. They showed you still on the ground when you were already up in the air! grrrr. Your dad did sleep well last night or seemed to by the sound of his snoring. I ended up on the couch watching terrible tv. Sport tried to tell me that he was still hungry. Heinz sat in your dad's chair and kept watch over me.

After your email today the song by rick james that has the line "the kind you don't take home to Mama" keeps going through my head (regarding all of the prostitutes that you have been seeing in Amsterdam). You will have good stories to tell for years!

Your dad and I are in a happy/normal/dull state this evening which really is the best place to be sometimes. As I get older I find that I'm not ashamed to say that I like dull.

S1 thinks that he wants to miss the first graduation and only go to the second. (As he is one of the speakers at the second that is a good thing :-). He says that he has the first 2 lines written of the speech. It should be interesting.

I am a little upset about the graduation thing but then I heard who the major speaker will be for the first graduation and . . . Maybe your brother is right. Don't tell him I said that though.

So, I wish you luck on your next leg of the journey tomorrow. Hope that you have fun.

Love always,

Mom

No comments: