Thursday, October 14, 2010

Indecision weighs on my mind


at the moment.

I will turn 50 next month and it has brought about some deep thinking. I am conscious of the fact that life is short. And what do I want to do with the rest of it.

Do I want to change professions?

Not at this time. But the thought is there and I'm open to new ideas.

I would like to open an Etsy shop but have postponed that until . . . I don't want to do it halfway and it needs more thought. As in I'm afraid that what I think will look great will look pathetic.

I would like to travel more but then there has to be a balance in that. But I also know that age catch up with me eventually and by then I want to be satisfied with what I've seen and have few regrets.

Giving to others with time and talent. How best to do that.

Blogging - do I write some of the pieces that I keep revising in my head?

And how not to feel like I have to do everything at once. That there still may be lots of time.

That is where I am.

8 comments:

Debra said...

Ah, turning 50 will do that to you. :)

My favorite teacher says that 'sometimes we just need to step out to find out.' I often think of that and it moves me to action. Usually it's the not-knowing which paralyzes me and it's freeing to finally *do* something and thus discover if it was meant to be. (I'm thinking about your mention of the etsy shop thing, especially).

Just a thought! I'm sure you'll survive turning 50 just fine. Took me a whole year, but I survived it. :)

Loved reading your thoughts here this morning! Blessings, Debra

jo(e) said...

I turn 50 next April so I'm going through a similar period of introspection.

Life goes by fast, doesn't it?

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I like that you are thinking things through. Whatever decision you come to - let it marinate before acting on it.

And not making a decision is making a decision.

Believe me, fifty is such a good place to be. I was there and I loved it. So many choices.
Best of luck.
Blessings too. Barb

jodi said...

Thank you all. Yes, life does go by fast.

east village idiot said...

I'm 48. Please post your decisions so I can copy you.

love, evi

jodi said...

evi, you make me laugh!

Michael Faulkner said...

Take heart:
'Youth has no age' (Pablo Picasso)

Nan said...

I don't know. I'm 62 now, and I haven't got a thing figured out. :<) When I was 50, I had two teenagers, one of whom got her license. I didn't have a minute to think about my age. :<)