Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Day 2 and 3



The origin of Art Every Day Month can be located here. It is a wonderful idea and gives me a chance to use items that I already have and some interesting ones that I find at the craft store. Like the mini pumpkins - which were bought at Michael's craft store. I believe they are dried seed pods of something from India. Darn cute and for a huge container (that was also on sale) it was something like $4.99. And I have half the container left.

Yesterday I looked at stuffed fabric owl photos online and drew ones that I liked and embellished on some of them. Also I saw a cute tea towel with a ric rac trim that was simple and cute. And I do have plain white tea towels that I bought at an estate sale.

The art that was started today was a patch repair on a pair of jeans. They will be great for home wear and are giving me a chance to fine tune the sewing skills.

I must say that being forced to be creative has made me quite happy. I don't have the time to do a project a day but just to do something is very relaxing.

No comments: