Monday, September 12, 2011

I worked the church social hour

yesterday for the first time in years. As we are relatively new to the church I thought that it would be a great way to meet some people and give back to a place we enjoy. Unfortunately I have a mind like a sieve and after meeting several people have forgotten most names.

Anyway. . .

Years ago, when I was a teenager, I generally helped out at coffee hour at our church in NY. My dad was the treasurer and as the money got counted after church there was a lot of hanging around time.

One Sunday stands out. A woman, who I was not especially fond of, was washing dishes with me. Her son was in my English class.

She looked at me at one point and said "My son really likes a girl in his English class." . . . I never worked with her again.

No comments: