Tuesday, February 24, 2009


Oh, Winter Quilt,

I was so excited to put you on the bed last fall. Your rich colors made me yearn for you. I was tired of white and the crispness of the sheets. I thought instead of cold winter nights and snuggling under you.

But I am fickle. I am tired of the cold, the wind, the gray skies. I want to wear summer nightwear and feel (and smell) the sheets that have dried in the hot sun. You make my soul heavy. I crave lightness. I want the white quilt back with it's thinness and lightness. Cool pillows on which to lay my head on a hot summer day.

I think that I may pack you away early.

But as I said - I am fickle. Come July, when I have tired of the hot sun, I will look at you again and dream of cool nights, heavy pajamas and the feeling of your softness against my face.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

This is a precious entry! So true also. :-)

Aunt Amelia
"It's all right for a woman to be, above all, human. I am a woman first of all." ~Anais Nin