Wednesday, May 02, 2007

May 2

In a quest to feed the family healthier food and appease the vegetarian in the family I bought the book "The Vegetarian 5 Ingredient Gourment" cookbook. It is filled with recipes that require 5 ingredients or less. That caught my eye as it lessened the chance that I was going to have to look for 5 or more obscure ingredients.

Tonight I made the Chickpea Salad with Roasted Peppers (pg 42). I did not think that there was a lot of flavor so added some feta cheese. S1 seemed pleased and said that he would have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I also made humus for the first time. Did not find the tahini that was called for so substituted a Thai cumin paste that had garlic also in it (Cumin and Garlic were called for in the recipe). First I could not find the top to my food processor. Then I put too much paste in with the chickpeas. (Lots of milk served with dinner to combat the heat.)
It was not bad on triangles of pita bread however. The boys said that it was missing olive oil which the recipe did not call for but which has now been added to it in a side notation.

No comments: