Monday, January 01, 2007

Gingerbread House



After reading Chris' page on making gingerbread houses at New Years I decided to do the same. I have made a house or two before from a mold that my mom had given me but this time I wanted to make something out of the book, Gingerbread For All Seasons by Teresa Layman. Sure enough there are gingerbread houses in this book for Christmas, spring, halloween etc. I chose a cute little cottage that husband said was looking like the Alamo when I first started. It turned out better than that though. At least all of the pieces fit together and the recipe for the dough and icing that Chris gave was fantastic and easy to make. They are harder to make than it looks like on television and I have a new respect for those cooks.

2 comments:

east village idiot said...

Is there anything in the world that you won't take on?!!! That house looks amazing. I don't want to eat it, I want to move into it.

jodi said...

Unfortunately not much in answer to your question. This week will be spent working on the publicity for my son's jazz band dinner dance event for February. They have a dinner dance each year for adults and it's quite lovely and this year I'M PUBLICITY.