Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hodgepodge

Today I went to the downtown mall area to pick up the tuxes for S1 and S2. Both are going to the prom Saturday night. I will be glad when that night is over. All the major high schools in the area are having prom the same night. There are also several major events going on in town on Saturday. What a mess.

Before picking up the tuxes I was able to stop for a used mystery paperback and then for some gelato. One scoop of papaya and one of raspberry. Sat out in the sunshine at a cute little table while a sea of humanity walked by.

Anyway, other news. My dad was able to walk last night. At least he is going in the right direction.

I added another super to my new bee hive this morning before work. The first was full of nectar and comb. The amount surprised me as my other hive was not that good last spring. However the old hive is doing well and the queen is still laying though I still cannot tell which one she is. I have gotten a small jar of honey from the burr comb that I removed from that hive and it is so good. Sweet and golden.

I have been working on another swap. This one may be my last for awhile. Have so many things to do here. Not enough time to do everything that I want to do.

2 comments:

Jane said...

That's awesome that you already have honey! Bees are so fascinating!

Jodi Ohl said...

I'm glad your Dad came out of surgery okay, thoughts will be with him and your family.