Friday, May 30, 2008

S2 Graduates

 
This evening the baby of the family finishes high school. The child who came up to me after the Mother's Day program in kindergarten with flowers in his little fist is now 6'2' and ready to sprout wings. He is ready. Talented, smart and very much his own person. Talks well with adults and children. Stands up for himself and others. He is the child who spent years getting up in the middle of the night and with his blanket and pillow would sleep on the floor next to my side of the bed. When he was little he would insist on a "kiss on the wips". He is the one who would wait for me on family hikes. S2 is also the one that I butted heads with the most and he is the one with the best sense of humor and the killer smile (dimples included).
Tissues required tonight.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

east village idiot said...

I love how you write about your sons - with such love and care. They must be such happy boys.

Jodi Ohl said...

you raised a fine young man--he sounds like he's grown into a wonderful person with a bright future ahead.

I'd have tears too if it were me :)