Saturday, November 08, 2008

This week has been semi stressful. Parent/teacher conferences - which went extremely well (but there is always that worry). S2 having some issues that he wants to bounce off of me. Doctor visits - routine but still. . . This next week is my birthday and the anniversary of my favorite uncle's death (yes, he died on my birthday). **A note to family - I really need to pass on talking about that.

Anyway, it's the weekend. I'm thinking of starting to decorate a little for Christmas or work on Christmas projects. I also have headbands to cut out for my preschool class. We will be cornec*pias for our Thanksgiving feast. Yes, I know, Carmen Miranda. But the other classes have been turkeys, pilgrims, and Indians for years and I had to come up with something new. And it's turning out better than I thought it would.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Diary From Africa said...

Happy Birthday for next week ! I'm also starting to think about Christmas now ... decorations, baking etc ... it's my favourite time of the year & I'm really looking forward to it ;)

Jane said...

Happy early birthday! The great thing about being cornecopias, is that the kids will enjoy impressing their family with such a fun to say big word! LOL

Jodi Ohl said...

Happy Almost Birthday!! I haven't yet thought about my Christmas decorations other than I know I must purge a bunch of stuff and do some power cleaning before I haul out my goods. I'll think I'll do that on Tuesday since I have it off.

....about the comment on the large works, I just was thinking out loud that perhaps conquering a large piece would somehow validate myself as an artist who can make a statement on something bigger than a 8x10 canvas. The work I saw last night was sooooo big it made my pieces look like little blips on the radar. Although--bigger doesn't necessarily mean better...just something to think about as I move forward.