Thursday, September 09, 2010

A Picnic Blanket



A couple of S1's friends got married this past summer. The groom and S1 have been friends since kindergarten. They went to university together and were roommates for 3 years. The bride and S1 have been friends since 6th grade.

I wanted to make them something special and decided to make a picnic blanket. I found the pattern here. I did put the rock pockets on the back. And it is tied with embroidery floss. The backing is flannel and there is no batting between the two layers as I decided it didn't really need any. The colors were chosen as the bride likes hydrangeas.

The blanket came in handy for picnics on the livingroom floor until their dining chairs arrived :-).

2 comments:

Annie said...

The blanket is lovely, I love the colours, just right for a picnic blanket. What a great wedding gift, something to be used and treasured.
Ann x

Sarah Sometimes said...

Beautiful blanket. And what a sweet-looking couple.