Sunday, October 02, 2011

The last 4 days

1. I may have had strep. Red throat, fever etc. The dr. saw me Thursday afternoon, heard that I taught preschool and had been exposed. She immediately gave me a prescription. I feel better. Fever gone, throat fine, swollen glands almost back to normal.

2. Spent some time on the neighborhood garden today. Most of the neighbors were digging post holes. I spread lime and removed rocks. Got tired and came home.

3. Watched copious amounts of BBC's comedy To the Manor Born (courtesy of the library dvd) on my sick day - Friday.

4. The allergic rash that I developed due to stinkbugs is almost gone. The stinkbugs have gone into hiding--- hiding in my closet, hiding in the dresser drawers etc. The vacuum cleaner is always on standby.

5. Was able to get some mildewy smell out of some thrift store fabric by using an online solution of white vinegar and baking soda. That with spending the night on the clothes line worked well.

6. Snoopy ate an entire bag of high fiber bread yesterday while I was otherwise occupied. He spent the night outdoors.

3 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Good afternoon, Jodi,
Oh my...an interesting four days. I hope the strep is gone and you are feeling better by now.

Stink bugs? I hope they are gone by now too...

...and that Snoopy is back in the house!

Enjoy the lovely autumn weather we are having. ~Natalie

Tins and Treasures said...

Good afternoon, Jodi,
Oh my...an interesting four days. I hope the strep is gone and you are feeling better by now.

Stink bugs? I hope they are gone by now too...

...and that Snoopy is back in the house!

Enjoy the lovely autumn weather we are having. ~Natalie

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yikes1 Glad you went right to doc, when you got that sick!

Does this mean you are now immune to this particular strain?

Gentle hugs,
"Auntie"
"Pix Muse" blog
"Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees." ~~Faith Baldwin