Tuesday, June 26, 2012

32 hours in NY

It seemed crazy, but I was invited to be a part of a panel discussion for a publishing company.  A one night stay in the Big Apple to hear my thoughts on a certain topic.  I landed at 3 pm.  By the time that I arrived at the hotel I was so sick.  The cab driver liked to hit his brakes, A LOT.   That with the combination of a smokey smell in the cab and the cab driver's rule that windows had to be rolled up all the time was a recipe for disaster.  Luckily I brought some bags and he quickly rolled down his windows.  Funny how fast  silly rules can change :-).

But I did not let it slow me down (well maybe a little).  I only had 3 hours to run around the city before dinner so I made the most of it.

View from my hotel window.

Another View.

Delightful surprises in a city of concrete.
I love interesting architecture.

Look at that little house.  Isn't it charming.

A pop into a bar for a sprite to see the score in the Italy-England soccer game.

Unfortunately not everyone appreciates green space.
No cost to go in and recharge your batteries.




More beautiful buildings.

In case you were wondering, the company hired a car to get me and another participant back to the airport.
The ride was so smooth (I did take some meds also).  As the gentleman was getting my bag out of the trunk for me I looked at him and said, "The ride was great.  You were so much better than the guy yesterday."  The driver looked at me with a grin and said "That's what my wife says also."  :-)

No comments: