Friday, November 14, 2008

So

yesterday I got a phone call from S1 at work. "Mom, the warning system has gone off. There has been a report of shots fired at___________. That area has been locked down but I'm fine."

I can't tell you the panic that I felt at first. Indescribable. I told a coworker who also has a child there and called my mom when I got to my car so that she wasn't worrying.

There was nothing on the news so far she said. That brought me back to my senses. I decided to go grocery shopping and talked to S1 while I shopped. Nothing new to report he said. About an hour later I checked email. A forwarded message from our son - some guys had been shooting fireworks at a dumpster was the conclusion of the police.

Idiots. Don't these guys have homework or something more worthwhile to do?!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Thank goodness everything worked out well! It's so sad that with any loud noise we all go into panic mode. We have lost a lot of innocence as a nation.

The Three Little Bears said...

That would be frightening!

east village idiot said...

I was petrified when I heard the news...I thought - Jesus, not again and prayed that your son was safe. so glad everything is okay!

evi