Monday, November 30, 2009

I went for a hike


to the nature preserve while it was raining. The road noise made it imperitive that I walk to the woods where the only thing that I could hear were squirrels and birds.

Squirrels were sitting on fence posts with acorns in their paws looking at me quizically. It took me awhile to find the little brown birds that were hunting their dinner in the fallen leaves.

Afterwards I went to my favorite coffee house to have a mocha. Where I pretend that the art that is created on the top of my coffee is done just for me.

2 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

How do they dooooooooooo that? ,-) Those top of cup swirl things?

And though the cup of mocha is very pretty -- Hmmmmm, you didn't take your camera along on your nature walk? [Inside your rain coat, except to catch a shot, of course.] I'd love to see those squirrels looking quizically at you.

Yes, I believe you. They were looking quizically at you! >,-) But a pic or two would have been icing on the cake.

Remember the cam!

Yes, I know. I am bossy and too full of ideas. -grin-

^_^

Anonymous said...

I love that little bit of art on coffee. Pretty but fragile, like the sand sculptures that artists make at the beach. So pretty...then... whoosh! It's gone.