Wednesday, May 02, 2012

I am in danger

of letting the month of May be a thorn in my side.  The end of the school year for me, graduation for my youngest, and the settling of my mother-in-laws house which includes meeting with movers for the furniture that my brother-in-law in another state wants, the garage sale, moving what the boys want and then there is the home front.  I would really like to get the chickens soon.  Do more in the garden etc.  If I think about it too much it is overwhelming.

So today I pulled out my calendar and made a list of what to do with my free time today.  I'm keeping it simple.  String practice is tonight but there are a few hours in between work and that so I picked just a few things to finish.  A load of laundry - that is simple.  Mail my nephew's birthday present - takes no time at all.  Play ball with Bella, the yellow lab.  Read a chapter in the book that is due on Monday for book club - okay, I'm not real fond of the book but I can do a chapter.  And so on.

It will be a good day and there will even be a few minutes to close my eyes and remember the breeze of a certain waterway.

No comments: